Work Visa Options

For businesses and individuals wishing to secure employment-related visas, there is a variety of options available. For businesses that plan to hire foreign workers, the temporary visa options depend on the type of position being filled and the foreign worker's qualifications. The temporary (or nonimmigrant) visa options include:

  • Specialty Occupation Workers (H1B Visa)
  • Intracompany Transferees (L1 Visa)
  • NAFTA Professionals (TN)
  • Extraordinary Ability Alien (O Visa)
  • Professional Athlete, Entertainers, Artists (P1 Visa)

If an individual is interested in making his or her own investment to operate a business, it may be possible to obtain an E1 Treaty Trader or E2 Treaty Investor Visa.

If an employer is interested in sponsoring a worker for lawful permanent residence, the employer may need to conduct recruitment and submit a labor certification application before filing an I-140 Petition.